For those of you that weren’t able to make it to our recent Oxygen Blast presentation on Asynchronous Programming Techniques with .NET 4.5, the video recording, slide deck, and samples used have been posted below.
This webinar introduced developers to past and current multithreaded programming techniques using C#, .NET 4.5, and Visual Studio 2013. It covered:
- Purpose, advantages, and risks of implementing parallel programming in your .NET solutions.
- .NET 4.0 Task Parallel Library (TPL) as a simple way to run several tasks simultaneously.
- The primitive synchronization types – what they are and how to use them effectively.
- Thread-safe data structures and collections for controlling access to data in a safe manner.
- Techniques for maintaining an interactive user interface during background processing.
- The new async/await keywords introduced with .NET 4.5 for non-blocking event handling
- Introduction to multithreaded debugging in Visual Studio 2013.
For future Oxygen Blasts, please see the Free Learning section of our website.
Samples used in this Oxygen Blast presentation can be downloaded via a .zip file here.