Dropbox Search, Tim Berners-Lee, & More…
Back with another dev digest, and this one is a goodie. We’ve got a fascinating interview with Tim Berners-Lee about the future of the internet. We’ll go behind the scenes at GitHub, Dropbox, and Etsy to see how they’ve implemented recent redesigns and refactoring. Finally, we’ll get tons of tips on interviewing, hiring, contract work, and job opportunities.
- Read Fast Company’s interview with Tim Berners-Lee about the next stage of the Internet: the decentralized web
- JaxEnter ranks the fastest growing languages and skills in 2018
- Dropbox recently did a complete redesign on their search tool. This behind-the-scenes post gives all the details about architecture and implementation.
- GitHub recently got rid of jQuery as a dependency for its frontend. Their blog explains how and why they did.
- Wanna get started with Kotlin? Here are the best resources for devs who already know Java.
- How Etsy built a responsive form (and data structure) to localize international addresses.
- Microsoft developers discuss shifting from C++ to Go in this new video.
- If you’ve ever had a great final round interview only to not receive an offer, it can feel confusing why you didn’t get the offer. Here’s how to find out.
- Thinking of going off on your own as a software consultant or joining a consulting firm (like Intertech)? Here’s what you need to know about consulting.
- Watch a replay of a panel discussion on building a diverse workplace from Microsoft Ignite 2018.
- Experienced Java developers have a lot of opportunities. This post will help you sort through and prioritize your options.
Tips from Intertech
- Get the 4-1-1 on Kubernetes, a widely successful open source platform for managing containers.
- dbUnit just delivered a new 2.6.0 release. Learn what the numerous improvements and a major new feature mean in terms of better functionality.
Have a Laugh
Also published on Medium.