IoT Farms, Being Boastful, & More…
Happy Halloween this week! This dev digest has spooky stories about phishing attacks, advice on how to talk about yourself without feeling like you need to wear a costume, and Bill Gates’ thoughts on using tech to improve the fall harvest. Enjoy!
- Bill Gates writes about how IoT is changing farming and smart devices may enable us to feed the world’s growing population.
- This wild post details a bunch of different phishing attacks, how sophisticated they can get, and what to make sure your users (and you) know about security.
- Here’s what you need to know before you use the new Java 11 in production
- Spring Reactive: from one thread per connection to one thread per request
- If you’re a Java developer, you’ll probably like Kotlin
- The two types of React components, and why you should separate them.
- How to find more meaning at work, even in tough times.
- Mastering calendar management opens up more uninterrupted productive periods
- Are your emails more confusing than they need to be? Never send an email without doing these three things.
- LinkedIn can be a powerful networking tool – Here’s how to write about yourself without seeming boastful
- Intertech is known for the sabbaticals we offer our senior employees. Research bears it out. Vacation is good for your brain.
Tips from Intertech
- Part Three of Tom Salonek’s The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly has arrived
Have a Laugh
Also published on Medium.