Enterprise IoT, Ethical Programming, & More…
Woah, December already! Where did 2018 go? This week’s links include stories that look back at this year and ahead at the year to come in software. Just the right dose of introspection before you start wrapping things up for the winter holidays and prepare for the new year.
- Research firm Gartner released their list of top tech trends for 2019
- Take a look back at the ways 30 years of Internet Relay Chat has impacted the internet
- A reminder: abstraction is your friend and you should be thinking about separating concerns at every step of development
- Check out this report from McKinsey on enterprise IoT and its rapid growth
- Video games use massive resources and have to run quickly, so studying how game developers use data structures can teach lessons, even if you’re not a game dev yourself
- The big battle is AWS vs. Azure vs. Google Cloud Services – here’s how they stack up against each other
- Increasingly consultancies are offering managed DevOps services. Are they worth the hype?
- Django is one of the most popular web frameworks for Python backends. Learn why it has been so popular for so long.
- Should you stay at one company for many years, or job hop every couple years as a developer?
- Devs shouldn’t just think about the efficiency and security of the apps they code – they should also ask, “Is this application ethical?”
Tips from Intertech
- Another Angular tutorial from our expert Rich Franzmeier, this one on detecting connections using NgRx
- Intertech owner Tom Salonek shares 5 ways to bolster creativity at work and why you should be promoting it in the first place
Have a Laugh
Also published on Medium.