Empathy & Email, Debugging & Design, and More…
Hi there, welcome to 2019 and welcome back to the Dev Digest. This week we’ve got great leadership advice and interesting posts to kick off your year right. Dig in!
- 3 experts put together their predictions for 2019 in tech and software
- DevOps had a breakthrough year in 2018 and is only poised for greater growth as a practice in 2019
- Debugging iOS apps without needing to be plugged in? A new Channel 9 video shows you how to debug iOS over wifi!
- String literals might be a thing of the past in new releases of Java, according to reports from Java World
- There’s a difference between soliciting user stories and having some testers versus being a truly human-centered design shop
- Here’s a good tutorial on how to set up health checks for ASP.NET Core 2.2 websites
- Write as little code as possible and other rules of thumb for software development
- Simon Sinek’s keynote at Live2Lead is a must-watch for managers and leaders
- Penelope Trunk explores three potential career trajectories, oriented around what you’re naturally good at
- The average user spends over three hours per day on work email. That’s not sustainable for doing other work
Tips from Intertech
- Learn how Intertech helped Springfield Armory harness real-time information to power business decisions
Have a Laugh
Also published on Medium.