Hi-tech Hamburgers, Decentralized Chat, & More…
Welcome to the first dev digest of Spring! As things begin to thaw, we’re once again bringing you the best resources to grow as a developer and a professional. This week, we look at examples from Spotify and Netflix, learn about high-tech hamburgers, and get a lesson in cultivating focus. Let’s dive in.
McDonaldsrecently spent $300 million to acquire a machine learning startup – what happens when fast food goes high tech?
- New ransomware, LockerGoga, is hitting industrial firms hard – crippling manufacturing equipment in the midst of production
- Netflix’s bug bounty program is public, and they’ve recently shared stories of interesting bugs found in the first year of the bounty program on their blog
- Julia is one of the fastest-growing, new programming languages right now. Created by researchers at MIT, it now has new useful features in the latest version.
- TypeScript is now one of the top languages in the web development industry – this article charts TypeScript’s rise in popularity
Spotfiyshared on their blog how they architected and built their web player, and how it has evolved over time
- The newest version of Kubernetes brings new features and major updates to the container orchestrator
- Want to be respected as a leader? Stop acting like a leader and be one of the team
- Being able to recover from setbacks and overcome challenges is something all professionals need – check out this research on resilience for ideas on how to cultivate it
Tips from Intertech
- Focus and deep work
iscritical in software development. Tom Salonek’s new series explores why and how to train your brain to focus
Have a Laugh