Grayscale, Electron 5, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- The Apache software foundation has completed their move to GitHub. All Apache products are now fully hosted and managed on GitHub, and this interview discusses how they made the change
- Google is swinging heavily toward using Kotlin as a major language in their code base – want to get a job at Google? Learn Kotlin
- David Walsh explains his fascination with media manipulation and shares a software solution that can turn video from color to grayscale – or any other filter!
- UX doesn’t have to be a separate domain from code – instead, UX should be integrated with code throughout the design process
- Netflix engineers explain how they use Python ahead of the upcoming PyCon conference
- Electron 5 just came out! Find out what’s included in the new release!
- JSON web tokens enable secure authentication for web apps – learn how to implement JSON web tokens in Java applications
- Management is a completely different job from working on the product – do you really want to be a manager? It’s okay to say no!
- There are tradeoffs to building your career at a single company – for Larry Osterman, a 35-year veteran of Microsoft, the tradeoffs were worth it
- How you make networking connections changes as your career progresses. Learn how to network throughout your career from this post in Fast Company
Tips from Intertech
- Java turns 24 years old this month, and it’s still dominant. We explore why in a new post.
Have a Laugh