Plane Crashes, Chaos Engineering, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- The controversy over Boeing’s 737 Max 8 crashes has been enormous. Martin Fowler, pilot and software developer, dives deep into how and why software made the planes crash
- Research from GitHub, is open source sustainable? Why do so many developers work on complicated projects for free?
- How to stop show-stopping bugs from reaching production? Try test-driven development. It might change your life
- At some point, parts of your microservice architecture might fail, for reasons beyond your control. See how your application responds using chaos engineering
- Troubleshooting and debugging microservices can be a major hassle, but it doesn’t have to be with these tips!
- JAX summarized all the talks from their recent DevOps conference in a single, easy-to-read post
- Get started with Spring Boot + Spring Data JPA + Postgres in this tutorial
- Want your work to be meaningful? Instead of trying to find meaning, you’ll need to create it
- This Stack Exchange thread on coding faster without sacrificing quality is a fascinating read with a lot of interesting points
Tips from Intertech
- We wrote up a guide to the best practices in continuous testing and integration to get your deployment pipeline started
- Rich Franzmeier is back with another NgRx tutorial in his series. This time, it’s an Effects tutorial on returning no-op actions
Have a Laugh