2019 Tech Salaries, Boring Code, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- SEC filings mandated by law show what top tech companies are paying their employees in 2019
- Currently in beta, GitHub Sponsors is a new way to support open source projects and GitHub will match donations 100%
- Dropbox runs millions of automated tests on thousands of builds every day. Their Athena build management system automates rolling back build-breaking commits and quarantining inconsistent tests
- Rust is a low-level language that’s growing in popularity, and Microsoft engineers give a great intro on this new Channel 9 video
- Interested in Kubernetes but not sure how it fits in the big picture? Read these stories of big companies using Kubernetes in various applications
- If someone reads your code and says, “That’s interesting” then that’s a bad sign. You want your code to be boring
- When we talk about habits, we often talk about learning or creating those habits – but in reality habits are always forming from the things we consciously and unconsciously do regularly
- Is obsession with productivity a worthwhile trait? Or, is it keeping us from being present in the moment and enjoying our surroundings? Maybe both.
- Working in software development, especially under a deadline, can be stressful. Here are tips for handling anxiety as a software developer
- For new grads and those early in their career, here’s how to make the most of your first job
Tips from Intertech
Have a Laugh