Black Boxes, Solar Flares, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- We often hear that neural networks are a “black box,” but that seems like a cop out. WIRED digs deeper into what we know and don’t know about how neural networks work
- You probably won’t buy an electric car this year, but you might soon as range gets better, cars get smarter, and costs get cheaper
- Electromagnetic pulses from a solar flare or even weaponized devices seems like the stuff from a dystopian future – but there’s reason to believe the power grid might be okay after a pulse
- Make a mistake in Git? Here’s how to fix the most common Git errors
- A beginner-unfriendly deep dive on how React works under the hood — long read, but worth it
- Bash scripts can be incredibly helpful, but handling arguments and Bash’s syntax can sometimes trip developers up or discourage them from using bash
- Developers love to complain about TypeScript, but it’s growing in popularity and Angular chose to require it for a reason: Why I was wrong about TypeScript explores these issues in an amusing talk
- If you’re working in an object-oriented project, you should know about SOLID design principles
- Good leaders set high standards, but leaders shouldn’t always be available to do the nitty gritty — that’s the team’s job
- It’s daunting managing people who are smarter than you, but the President of the New York Stock Exchange says it’s worth it to hire people better than you every time
Tips from Intertech
- Wondering whether React vs. Angular vs. Vue is best for your project? Here’s a look at the strengths and weaknesses of each to help you decide.
- What can be done to get more diverse job applicants? Begin with a hard look at the way you word and format your job posting.
Have a Laugh