Construction Automation, Coding Crimes, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Automation will lead to job losses, but in the construction industry, a robot revolution might be just what we need
- Computer programming culture is often a mystery to the average person. Clive Thompson’s interview and book shed light on why and how coders became a tribe
- Writing code that gets used in a crime could be a crime itself, this detailed reporting on code becoming criminal is a fascinating read
- Most apps today strive to provide personalized customer experiences, but when data is flawed the customer experience can suffer
- How do I destruct an object that keeps a reference to itself, if that reference prevents the object from being destructed?
- Not only can you GROUP BY nothing in SQL, there are a bunch of different ways to do it
- Food for thought: design is critical to the usability of your app
- As a manager, focus on asking questions rather than offering solutions – train your team to solve problems independently
- Asking good questions will get you better answers – smart leaders know these tricks
- Self-doubt is a serious issue, especially for software developers who are constantly learning new things and working in uncharted territory, but you can fight back against imposter syndrome
Tips from Intertech
- Junior developers, you won’t want to miss this. Our developers share their thoughts on what they wish they would have known when first starting out.
- Learn how Intertech helped a national energy and agriculture company who discovered that their clients were experiencing issues using an application from their mobile devices.