Learning English, Talent Acquisition, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- This opinion piece asks an interesting question: Why do you need to learn English before you learn to code? Why aren’t there non-English-based programming languages, even niche ones?
- A growing movement against the gig economy is seeing apps where drivers, house cleaners, photographers, and more own the apps they list their services on
- Are you an Angular developer and a VS Code user? Then, checkout these top VS Code plugins for Angular devs
- Monitoring a distributed system: with the rise of microservices, keeping track of your application’s performance and issues gets more complicated
- Google to mobile developers, “You should use Kotlin for your Android apps”
- Curious about microservices and security? Build a microservice with a Spring REST API for yourself
- Talent attraction, acquisition, and retention are huge challenges for most tech teams – one HR guru shares her insights into creating a company where people want to work
- If someone is underperforming at work, don’t point fingers and assign blame. Instead, use empathy and ask if they’re okay – this article explores what to ask in a one-on-one
- If you want to get ahead in your career, seek out personal feedback and take it to heart
Tips from Intertech
- Learn how to create a simple toasty using Angular’s animation features
- Redis is a popular option for the fast storage and retrieval of data. If you’re new to Redis and wondering how to get started, check out our latest blog post covering its features, limitations and top use cases.
Have a Laugh