AlphaGo, IP Geolocation, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Since AlphaGo beat the world’s top Go player in 2016 (if you haven’t seen the Netflix documentary, definitely check it out), others have worked on algorithms to play competitive Go – this one isn’t as good as AlphaGo (yet), but it’s a great intro to Kotlin
- From Palantir’s blog: they share the best practices in code reviews and how to give constructive feedback
- There are several different ways of binding data in Angular and this guide gives a comprehensive overview
- Learning how to use the .reduce() method is notoriously tricky and comes with weird syntax but it’s also super powerful once you get it
- Here’s a video on building GraphQL APIs that lays things out super simply and quickly
- Scala has gotten attention recently, especially in data engineering. What can you do in Scala that you can’t do in Java?
- Did you know: there’s a free API for IP Geolocation that provides in-depth data about the location
- How are you monitoring your containerized apps or microservices? This post outlines the best strategies
- When learning about programming, the internet is often our first and only stop. However, there’s a lot of concentrated knowledge in books about programming that shouldn’t be ignored
- If you want to be more productive, then there are several non-work activities that can make you more effective
Tips from Intertech
- Swiping left and right is a common use case in Angular apps, making it a vital skill to have in your developer toolbox. Here’s how to do it using NgRx
- Change is hard but there are cases and reasons when transitioning to a new technology stack makes sense. Here’s insight on when and why to make the move along with some advice on how to do it right