Micromanagement, 100 Million Customer Records, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Twitter just went through an enormous redesign – and their user base is growing – here’s the inside story on the changes
- The hacker who stole 100 million records from Capital One didn’t cover her tracks well, even posting the data to her GitHub
- Serverless is a rather controversial buzzword – what could it really mean for your development process and business?
- A special use case required completely logging a user off their Windows session after several minutes of inactivity – Raymond Chen from Microsoft shares how they did it
- As a developer, UX isn’t technically your job, but you should be thinking about it anyway
- Dropbox dropped a highly technical, code-heavy article on their React-Redux architecture across a large application
- Are you a micromanager? This article helps you find out
- Can exercising in the middle of your workday help you beat the 3pm slump? Maybe. There are lots of reasons to exercise, but don’t count on it as a productivity magic bullet
- Here’s how Jeff Bezos runs a meeting to maximum effectiveness
- Great managers are like gardeners, they prune
Tips from Intertech
- Redux is not a magic bullet, nor is it a must-have for every project. Learn when Redux is useful and how to start implementing it
- DevOps has generated buzz for good reason. Here’s a look at the state of DevOps and the top DevOps trends in 2019
Have a Laugh