Uncomfortable Feedback, Bad Chatbots, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- The operating system behind many medical devices, elevator controllers, modems, and industrial products – VxWorks – has a security vulnerability, according to new research
- A new approach to cybersecurity relies on interfering with the connection between an attacker and their target, meaning launching a cyberattack may now come with a cost
- Dropbox changed their hardware for their storage devices – while they saved money, they also sacrificed write speed – here’s how they optimized performance
- Chatbots aren’t always the most intuitive or useful, but one day they might be with the right improvements
- Get the most out of VS Code’s debugging tools with these tricks
- Thinking big picture about your application’s architecture is critical to minimize technical debt and keep it easy to maintain
- The foundation of being confident in your releases when working in an agile environment is good test writing and continuous testing
- Here’s how managers can encourage employees to give them uncomfortable feedback
- Basecamp lifted their long-term hiring freeze and they received 4,000 applications for 5 open positions. They talked about hiring and how they do it on their recent podcast
- Onboarding new hires can be a challenge – here’s advice from 1,000+ managers on how to do it
Tips from Intertech
- Curious about what a consulting career at Intertech entails? Here’s a look at the myriad of benefits along with a few of the unique challenges.
- If you keep up on trends, you’ve likely heard about GraphQL. Here’s a look at what GraphQL is, how it works, and why it has grown so rapidly in popularity.
Have a Laugh