1.2 Trillion Transistors, NULL License Plates, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- A new processor designed for AI computing packs 1.2 trillion transistors into a 9-inch square, and it hopes to accelerate the pace of AI development
- One California developer got a vanity license plate of ‘NULL’ – now he faces over $12,000 of fines wrongly sent his way
- It seems like machine learning gets prescribed for nearly every difficult computing task these days, but what are the practical limits of machine learning, currently?
- Dropbox originally shared a single C++ code base across its iOS and Android apps. However, they now write their apps separately in Kotlin and Swift due to the costs of code sharing
- What is twelve-factor methodology and why is it gaining in popularity among web developers?
- With so much of web infrastructure moving to the cloud, it’s important to consider DevOps security and how to keep the cloud safe
- When OOP classes become too tightly coupled, we enter the OO Matrix, where refactoring takes forever, but developers can – and should – fight it
- Working well with your boss can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you’re new to the role, so here are some best practices for managing your relationship with your boss
- Procrastination is a major challenge for some workers, but with these unconventional strategies maybe you can beat it
- Google surveyed past performance and found that their most productive employees are not the ones with the best STEM skills, but the ones with excellent interpersonal skills
Tips from Intertech
- One of our recruiters, Patty Hubbard, shares insights on the unique benefits and challenges of working as a software development consultant for Intertech