Debugging 100 Million Lines of Code, Working from Home, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Facebook has over 100 million lines of code, but their static analysis tools can scan the entire codebase for common bugs in less than 30 minutes
- Git 2.23 introduces some new commands and updates options for existing commands
- We’re familiar with traditional URIs like HTTP and FTP, but do you know about data URIs and how simple they can be?
- React DevTools in the browser got a new update that’s faster and features improved navigation
- Sure, open source software may be flexible and free, but there are other considerations before you decide to use open source in an enterprise project
- Data science is powering all kinds of useful applications, but creating data science models relies on one of the pillars of statistics – separating hypothesis data from testing data
- We all make mistakes, but recovering from big ones at work can feel overwhelming – here’s how to recover from a work mistake
- Want a little more flexibility in your work? Convincing your boss to let you work from home may not be as difficult as you think
- A manager at Netflix talks about the industry’s model of a Sufficiently Smart Engineer and how that fixed mindset is hurting us compared to thinking of engineers as learners
Tips from Intertech
- Introducing our new Executive Briefs Series, exploring challenges faced by busy executives. First up? A look at the most commonly overlooked costs when building enterprise software applications
- What does it take to match a photo of an electronics component to a catalog of over 8 million components? Find out in our latest Case Study about an ongoing project involving the development of neural networks