$1 Per Byte, .NET Microservices, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Learn about WiFi 6 and why manufacturers are scrambling to support the new standard
- When software was distributed on floppy disk, the rule of thumb at Microsoft was 1 byte cost the company $1
- Journalism about data tracking and privacy often misses or overstates the point. In our rush to stop companies from taking user data, will we lose valuable technologies?
- New research shows the best practices of elite performers in DevOps
- You can add Windows Terminal to your Windows+X hotkey shortcut – here’s a totally unsupported guide
- How microservices and cloud-native apps are now the focus for .NET Core, straight from the experts at Microsoft
- RegEx is something you don’t learn formally, but usually on the fly – here David Walsh walks us through a reverse lookup with RegEx
- Containerization brings security concerns, not just at deploy but also before and after
- Employee enthusiasm for your company dips sharply after the first few weeks on the job – here’s how to make sure that doesn’t happen
- As a software developer, you have to be the CEO of your own career, seeking out the best opportunities
Tips from Intertech
- While most software developers know Git and its basic commands, few take the time to actually learn how Git works and appreciate some of the more advanced things it can do
- The best things in life are free, including our Design and Code Review Checklist. Compiled by our senior developers – it provides a comprehensive compilation of design and code review principles and guidelines