SHA-mbles, Future Databases, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Chrome plans to roll out badges and other indicators for sites with slow load times
- New attack vectors have proven SHA-1 hashing to be incredibly insecure. If you’re using it at all, even for internal certificates, you should switch
- An oldie but a goodie: a Carnegie Mellon professor predicts the next 50 years in database technology
- Take a moment to be thoughtful about writing your commit messages. They can be really useful if they’re well-composed
- In complex, dynamic, cloud-based applications, tagging is essential for monitoring and alarms – DataDog shares their best practices
- If you’re a manager, here are the essential meetings you should be having with your reports to help them grow
- How to screw something up effectively (and learn from it!)
- Senior engineer checklist – what you need to know and remember to be effective
- Think about your 40-year career holistically, not just as a means to an end
- If you don’t want to become a manager of people, how do you set yourself up for success in senior technical leadership?
Tips from Intertech
- We’ve been talking a lot about machine learning as of late, helping readers better understand this rapidly developing technology. This week, we’re highlighting some prominent industries effectively using machine learning today, along with guidelines for evaluating the potential usefulness of machine learning in your organization