Evil List, Keyboard Shortcuts, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Over half of people who consume APIs are not software developers a new study has found
- The lead developer of Rust Actix-Web, a popular web framework, has left the project, citing a toxic community, while the repo is now back up, the maintainer has quit open source
- Slate released its Evil List: the tech companies that are doing the most harm in the world
- HTTP3 promises to make the internet faster and more secure
- Take a look into Swift’s support for dynamic, abstract interfaces – something that Rust can’t support
- Validating user data asynchronously with Angular is possible, it’s just difficult to find resources around it until this consolidated blog post came along
- Coding is a social activity – aside from being correct, code also needs to be easy to read
- As developers, we often don’t think about design first, but this video walkthrough redesigning a small application is super helpful for making apps more usable
- Don’t be the software developer that nobody likes to work with. Here’s what to avoid.
- One key to rapid development – learn keyboard shortcuts
Tips from Intertech
- As the saying goes, time is money. Learn about the work we did for a multi-billion dollar financial institution improving the mobile user experience for their 1.5 million+ cardholders.