Robot Rights, Themed Components, & More…
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Giving robots civil rights seems like a laughable idea, but smart people are starting to advocate for it, and the MIT Technology Review wrote about why
- Check out this comprehensive list of the best React libraries in 2020
- Here’s a detailed breakdown of how Spotify uses machine learning to create a home page that’s unique to you
- Themed components give you access to styling directly inside your React components, here’s how to do it with CSS variables
- Interested in concurrency and multithreading on iOS? Here’s your guide.
- For those interested in operating systems and the Rust language, this blog has a fascinating series of articles following one dev as he creates an OS in Rust from scratch
- For all the talk about React, it doesn’t actually do a whole lot. Get your facts straight on what React does and does not do
- “I’m not the Team Lead, but I am leading the team” How to get your work recognized
- Lack of motivation is a difficult challenge facing many software developers – here’s how to stay focused on your goals
- Networking events can be super awkward, especially for programmers, but there’s a lot of value to be had, too
Tips from Intertech
- Sure, you’ve heard of agile, but do you have a firm understanding of why agile is better for software development?