Fast-Growing Midwest, CDNs at Spotify, & More…
This week, we’re intentionally avoiding news about coronavirus. We’re sure you’ve read enough elsewhere, and we want the Dev Digest to be a relaxing resource, not one that produces anxiety. For this reason, we invite you to enjoy this week’s collection of the best articles, stories, and videos on software development.
- The FTC recently asked top tech companies for data about the acquisitions they’ve made over the past few years – here’s an analysis of why those acquisitions matter
- Can APIs be copyrighted? That’s the question at the center of the legal battle between Oracle and Google
- Inc just released an infographic on fast-growing companies, industries, and areas in the Midwest
- Ever wonder how the CDNs at Spotify work? Here’s a complete rundown on how they quickly deliver music to end-users
- After you meet business criteria with your system, simplify. Make it easy to understand, and easy to change.
- Building cross-functional relationships at your organization is critical to your projects’ and your company’s success – here’s how to do it
- When you get stuck on a project, don’t just immediately reach for Google – try something first so you understand the problem better
- Use Chrome more productively with these top plugins from productivity experts
- When it comes to career advancement, sure you need technical skills, but you also need to improve yourself in non-technical ways to be successful.
Tips from Intertech
- When it comes to parsing, monitoring, and analyzing that data in real-time, increasingly companies are turning to custom-developed big data software. Among the leading languages for writing that software is Scala. Learn what Scala is, why companies choose it, and what it means for future data applications