Apple Meets COVID-19, Distraction Downfalls, & More
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Apple’s latest update brings COVID-19 tools to the masses. From the option for mask wearers to skip Face ID to the controversial API for a coronavirus contact-tracing tool, learn what users can expect to see with iOS 13. 5
- Scala – 1, Koltin – 0? One senior developer weighs on what is it about Scala that makes developers prefer it over Kotlin
- Want to build a better mobile experience? It doesn’t have to feel like a compromise. One strategy to consider is incorporating more data visualizations of written content into your layout
- Team building done remotely? It can be a tough sell. Here’s some advice on how to foster a team environment virtually without the cheesy games and activities
- Is your anxiety on the rise? It turns out that the distractions you are turning to for relief of your anxiety may be compounding the problem
Tips from Intertech
Before coronavirus was the hot topic, machine learning was at the forefront of most industry leaders’ conversations. As we return to a new ‘normal’, machine learning will play a vital role in helping companies work smarter and more strategically in a stressed marketplace. Here’s a throwback to our Executive Brief on machine learning, highlighting what business leaders need to know about its widespread and growing uses.