I’m very excited to announce that Intertech has published our first “on demand” video course on Udemy: “Learn Java SE 8 and Prepare for the Java Associate Exam!” (see note on sale below) This is a fantastic course for those of you are new to Object Oriented programming and/or want to learn the topics that are covered in the exam for Oracle’s Certified Associated, Java SE 8 Programmer certification. The course includes over 11 hours of lectures and over 11 hours of coding exercises. By the time you have completed the course you will have a solid foundation in the syntax of Java SE 8 and object oriented concepts.
- The Pillars of Object Oriented Programming (Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, and Polymorphism).
- Java as a language AND Java as a platform.
- Class creation and object instantiation.
- How state is stored in the stack and heap.
- Defining and invoking methods.
- Arrays and collections.
- Abstract classes and interfaces.
- Using lambdas (new in Java SE 8) as functional interface implementations.
- The new “java.time” package.
- Exception handling.
- Using and generating “javadocs” (HTML based documentation).
- Programming with Eclipse (an “Integrated Development Environment”).
- … and much more!
Also, your purchase will include any future updates we add to the course (new lectures, labs, quizzes, etc.)
Best of all, we’re kicking everything off with a sale that will end on June 16th: only $10 for the entire course!
Here’s a quick video of what you can expect from our new course: