Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)®
Course ID: LWJ-CSPO
This dynamic course is filled with practical exercises and real world examples. Experienced Scrum practitioners will walk away with ideas for improving their Scrum practices and students brand new to Scrum will gain a solid understanding of how to get started. Similar to the CSM course, the CSPO class also goes deeper on the topics more related to the role of the Product Owner. More emphasis on the PO role in Scrum with topics such as using a Vision Statement to guide the Team, creating a Product Roadmap, and Release Planning. Learn about the maintenance of the Product Backlog and practice writing User Stories using user roles and personas.
You will earn 16 PDU’s by attending this course.
This class is appropriate for beginners who are just learning and for people who have been using Scrum for a while and trying to learn new ideas on how to do it better. Ideal learners would be Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Managers, Business Managers, Executives, and anyone seeking to understand the Product Owner Role and learning the benefits that Scrum can bring to the business.
What is Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto and principles
- Scrum and Agile; what’s the difference?
- The history and framework
- The five Scrum values and the benefits
- Empirical Process vs. Defined Process
The Roles of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Team
- Responsibilities of each
- Team self-organization
- Who should play the roles
Sharing the Vision
- Working with Stakeholders
- Using a Roadmap
- Creating a Release Plan
The Scrum Meetings
- Their purposes
- The duration and invitees
- The value of each
- Estimating and planning
The Scrum Artifacts/Documents
- Building your Product Backlog
- Understanding the Sprint Backlog
- Interpreting the Burndown/Burn-up charts
Product Backlog Items
- Writing and working with User Stories
- Understanding and creating Acceptance Criteria
- Prioritizing your stories
- Grooming your Product Backlog
- Accepting or Rejecting the work