TimeOn Your Schedule
Professional Software Testing Using Visual Studio 2017
This three-day course introduces contemporary agile testing practices and the corresponding tools in Visual Studio Enterprise edition and Visual Studio Team Services used to deliver high-quality software products on a regular cadence.
This course is appropriate for all members of a software development team, especially those team members performing testing activities – regardless of skill level. This course also provides value for non-testers (managers, Scrum Masters, coaches, etc.) who want a better understanding of what Agile software testing involves.
- Release dates and budgets are missed due to low quality and bugs
- Testing activities are performed at the end of the sprint/iteration or release
- No collective ownership or collaboration exists between the developers and testers
- The team tests the wrong things at the wrong time
- No automated tests, no regression tests, and no idea of the quality of your software!
No technical skills or experience are required. Knowledge of Agile and Scrum is a plus.
AGILE SOFTWARE TESTING
- Agile software development
- Agile testing behaviors
- Agile requirements and acceptance criteria
PLANNING AND TRACKING QUALITY
- Forcasting and planning a sprint
- Defining done, reporting bugs
- Unit testing, code coverage
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Acceptance testing, integration testing, UI testing
- Performance testing, load testing, non-functional requirements
- Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD)
- Exploratory testing, testing “tours”, code coverage for manual tests
BUILD AND TEST AUTOMATION
- Automated building and testing, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Build and test using Visual Studio agents
DELIVERING QUALITY SOFTWARE
- Overcoming common dysfunctions, attributes and behaviors of high-performance teams