What’s New in SAFe® 4.0
Course ID: SAFe-4-0
SAFe® 4.0 is materially different from SAFe® 3.0. It has a number of new constructs, plus an entirely new Value Stream Level designed for people building the world’s largest and most complex systems. This one-day classroom training course is designed to teach SPCs, SAs, SPs, and other SAFe practitioners and stakeholders the difference between a SAFe 3.0 and a SAFe 4.0 implementation.
This class focuses almost exclusively on the specific changes from 3.0 to 4.0, so a good understanding of SAFe 3.0 is a prerequisite. The classroom exercises focus on the impact of the various changes to 3.0 implementations and on strategies to migrate to 4.0 within the participant’s own context.
This one-day class provides participants the knowledge they need to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. After the class, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the new features and benefits of SAFe 4.0
- Determine how the new Value Stream Level can help system builders develop large and complex systems that can include both software and hardware
- Identify key migration steps from 3.0 to 4.0.
The following individuals previously trained on SAFe 3.0 would benefit from this course:
- SAs and SPs
- Executives, business owners, managers, consultants, Agile change agents
- Product managers, product line managers, and solution managers
- Portfolio managers, program managers, PMO personnel, and process leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Agile Team members (e.g., developers, testers, business analysts, etc.)
- Student prerequisites: Good knowledge of SAFe 3.0
- Instructor qualifications: SPC4 in good standing
- Overview of SAFe 4.0
- Building a SAFe foundation
- Portfolio Level changes
- New Value Stream Level
- Program Level changes
- Team Level changes
- Developing your SAFe 3.0 to 4.0 migration strategy