The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Is it possible that AI models don’t need to mimic the brain at all? Wired dives into a fascinating look at the assumptions that have been guiding development and what the future may hold for AI
- In need of a distraction? Here’s a fun side project. Check out this tutorial on how to build an IoT dog collar that can locate your pet for just $50. Fido will never be lost again
- Java is turning 25 this year. Having reinvented itself many times over, it remains one of the most popular programming languages in use today. Check out this look at Java’s past and, more importantly, the way it is shaping present and future technology
- For many developers, working from home has lead to even more time sitting at a desk. For a profession that already involves a ton of desk time, this can quickly lead to lethargy and burnout. Here’s some advice on how to stay energized while glued to your desk all-day
- At some point in their career, everyone suffers from ‘Imposter Syndrome’, the feeling that you don’t really know what you are doing. Overcoming these moments are critical to advancing your career and doing so comes down to shifting your mindset to reframe your thinking
Congratulations To Emily Dahl – Intertech Foundation STEM Scholarship Winner
The pool of applications for the 2020 Intertech Foundation STEM scholarship was filled with talented young adults excited to embark on their next step and committed to reaching their goals. Amazed by the overall theme of determination, we decided to award not one, but two scholarships. Join us as we highlight the first recipient, Emily Dahl, and stay tuned for next week when our focus shifts to our other scholarship awardee and an announcement about the opening of our STEM Scholarship – Round Two