Entry Level Sales Lead Generation (Internship, Part Time)
This is a great opportunity to become involved in the booming IT training industry. Work side-by-side with a seasoned sales professional in this unique “Learn from the Best” program. Work with a six-figure earner, learn the software development sales business.
As a member of the Intertech Sales team, you would be responsible for calling on prospective clients to identify and qualify training needs. This is a part-time position (~ 20 hours\week).
You will be thorough, self-managed, and committed to growth of yourself and the firm. Energetic Self-Starters only need apply! If you desire the opportunity to drive your own income and be an integral part of our company’s success, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Make outbound calls each day to build and run lead development/sales pipeline.
- Achieves or exceeds revenue goals, metric requirements and new business lead quotas on a monthly basis.
- Prospects, qualifies and generates sales ready leads with new and existing companies/customers.
- Identifies and captures incremental revenue opportunities through upselling and cross selling to existing customers.
- Qualifies all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Provides weekly activity report to management.
- Actively continues to build on company product and competitive product and market knowledge via website, online webinars, and marketing information.
- Effectively communicates in person, by computer and by telephone with prospects, customers, supervisors and external contacts.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-confidence and a positive, up-beat attitude
- Great phone skills, with the ability to effectively listen (must be comfortable making a lot of calls)
- Desire to work in a fun and fast paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent experience. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education is preferred.
- You have experience in sales, sales support, customer service or telephone contact job required with a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Zero to two years’ work experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of training and certifications in information technology and business skills a plus.
- You have general knowledge of current technology trends including popular hardware and software vendor offerings. Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Interacts in a cooperative and professional manner with others. Past history of developing constructive and positive working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Experience analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercising critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment. Ability to analyze risks and identify ways to mitigate those risks. Proactively and proficiently able to diagnose problems and identify solutions. Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, departmental specific software and Internet proficiencies. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Applies and maintains a broad knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Proven ability in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-oriented environment.
- Outgoing, competitive, and positive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player who can also work well both independently and interdepartmentally with Marketing.
- Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure.
- You have a commitment to focused hard work, making contacts, and maintaining a positive attitude
- Desire to gain intimate knowledge of customers, industry, competitors and trends
- Experience in a sales process
- Consistent closing skills, not afraid to talk about money to qualify good prospects
- Excellent written and verbal demonstration skills
- A commitment to personal growth
Does business openness, great work, a unique set of benefits, and work/life flexibility sound good? If it does, we should talk. We actually take pride in making employees happy, as shown by our numerous employee satisfaction awards. Joining Intertech not only means joining an award-winning company culture, but it means working on great projects with great customers. We truly believe that our projects and our clients matter. Here are a few other fun benefits that come along with a job at Intertech:
- Bonuses for hitting performance goals
- And more…
- Fully stocked break rooms with free food and drink
- Quarterly, catered company dinners and business review
- Open and transparent communications within the firm
- Casual work environment
- An environment that allows staff growth personally and professional through challenging projects
*** Candidates local to the Twin Cities only. No recruiters\placement firms please.
Notice: Please, no recruiters or placement firms.
Local candidates only. No response will be provided to non-local candidates.
Click to Apply