Remote Full Stack Developer
Remote Full Stack Developer
- Remote Opportunity
- Contract to Hire
Purpose of Position
Are you interested in working for a high growth company leading the Smart Cities industry? Are you passionate about pushing the envelope on current technologies and motivating others to adopt new development and testing methodologies? More than 3,100 cities worldwide trust our client to deliver reliable intelligent transportation solutions, including 41 of the 50 largest U.S. cities. As cities move into the Smart Cities space, we are helping to lead the industry leveraging our history of innovation.
Our culture starts with its people. While we are a diverse set of voices and experiences, we all set high expectations, drive for results, and try every day to make a difference. We fully embrace continuous improvement, not only in our products and processes, but in our career and leadership growth. We are a culture of problem solvers who like to have fun, to innovate, and to serve our customers in an inclusive environment.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who has expertise in both front-end and back-end, with desire to work across the boundaries of entire system.
This person should be a system level thinker, as they will have a hand in designing, implementing, and testing of products and services delivered as cloud applications. This engineer will join a fast-paced, rapidly growing team of talented people responsible for scaling, securing, and improving our Smart City platform and device offerings to local government, municipalities, traffic and transit agencies.
• Directing and implementing solutions to complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with team goals.
• Provide critical solutions independently and by working with other team members.
• Investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents raised by internal and external customers.
• Act as a technology advocate, independently seeking opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
• Experience with a MERN or MEAN stack
• Experience with .NET or Java
• Experience creating/updating RESTful API
• Strong engineering skills to develop software using different programming/scripting languages
• Flexibility to learn and develop code in different languages
Nice to Have
• Experience working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
• Experience creating/updating/testing microservices
• Experience working with 3rd party integrations using RESTful API, Swagger
• Experience working with IOT/MQTT/AMQP
• Experience with .NET Core is a plus.
• Experience working in agile teams with short release cycles
• Experience with software development and management tools like Jira, Git, Visual Studio Code
• Experience in integrating with third party firmware/software components and IoT devices
• Experience working cross-functionally with teams like Product Management, Client Services and Sales