Sr. Java Developer
Sr. Java Programmer/Analyst
- Client has offices in Minnesota, Nebraska or South Carolina and would prefer local candidates.
General Summary of Purpose:
The Sr. Programmer/Analyst position is responsible for leading the development team on efforts affecting multiple systems which includes designing, coding, implementing and maintaining the following systems: Our external websites, and configuration tools our business partners use to run the day to day business. Work closely with the business community to understand the business processes and needs / requirements of business clients. Develop, analyze, and document changes required in the IT systems to fulfill requirements submitted by the users/business partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as consultant to business units by providing solutions to complex business issues through:
• Research, development and implementation of cutting edge technical solutions.
• Performing due diligence with internal customers.
• Recommending Business System functionality.
• Assisting in developing business requirements.
• Assisting in developing Business Cases.
2. Serve as task manager working with users, programmers and other internal functional areas in development and installation of projects. These can be complex projects implemented across one or more platforms.
3. Participate with team members in priority planning: estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects.
4. Implement complex projects through:
• Creating and interpreting complex design documents independently and explaining to team members as necessary.
• Design unit test plans to thoroughly test all enhancements.
• Conduct code and design walk throughs.
• Review unit test output from others.
• Set up and execute system test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understand generally accepted analysis and design techniques.
• Strong knowledge of application development/maintenance for on-line and batch programming.
• Knowledge of different modes of communication (e.g. FTP, JDBC, etc.).
• Expert knowledge of Java EE technologies (ranging from EJB to JSP), HTML, CSS
• Strong knowledge of SQL or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle DB (10g or higher preferred)
• Expert knowledge of dump analysis techniques.
• Expert in testing techniques and knows all testing requirements of systems supported.
• Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interface with customers, clients and other departments to respond to requests both in written and verbal form.
• Must possess communication skills that will help in determining customer’s exact needs and in disseminating that information to appropriate personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication or closely related field required
• Minimum of five years experience using Java, FTP, SQL, Visio, Excel in an eCommerce environment
• Minimum two years experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market.
• Minimum two years experience working with 3rd party integrations such as Paypal, Coremetrics, BazaarVoice, Adobe Omniture, etc.
• Spring framework and Hibernate experience preferred.