Software Testing Engineer
Software Testing Engineer
***Candidates local to the Twin Cities will only be accepted at this time
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for independently performing test automation of our client's modern cloud products including SaaS applications and firmware. You will be responsible for reviewing requirements and design artifacts, developing unit, integration and system test cases, ensuring extensive test coverage for our client's cloud application. This job requires strong programming skills, deep understanding of different aspects of cloud applications and experience with leading test automation frameworks like Jest, pytest and their integration with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline.
- Build test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team for our cloud-based solutions
- Develop, implement, and sustain test automation processes, practices, and controls in our client's cloud infrastructure establishing a consistent and automated way to test applications through Continuous Integrations (CI)
- Participate in architecture and design of various applications that leverage lambdas, micro services, containers, infrastructure as a service etc.
- Bring passion and expertise in developing and deploying maintainable and scalable testing frameworks ensuring high quality software deliverables
- Ability to independently develop and automate unit, integration, performance and scalability tests for cloud applications and firmware, including ability to maintain test environments and automation framework(s)
- Ability to independently perform automated testing of all aspects of cloud applications like REST APIs, UI, lambdas, microservices, containers, relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to develop large scale test data and simulations to replicate production like environment for testing
- Working knowledge of networking (SSID, DNS, IP Management, bridging etc.), including knowledge of router, cellular air-card, modem hardware, and configuration
- Ability to understand cyclomatic complexity and get extensive code coverage in automated tests
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Agile and Scrum tools
- Experience with Cloud Application Security Testing using penetration testing, vulnerability testing etc.
- Experience with software development and management tools like Jira, Git, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience in integrating with third party firmware/software components and IoT devices
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams like Product Management, Client Services and Sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly creative, high energy individual with a hands-on style
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Under 10% of travel time required
- Remote Work Allowance
- This position can be in office or majority remote
- Demonstrated experience with modern test automation frameworks like Jest, pytest, etc. and their integration with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving, and root-cause analysis skills leveraging all forms of information available including logs, test results and system knowledge
- Must be in Oakdale office for first 3-6 months (onboarding)
- Must be available for occasional travel to Oakdale office later on
- 1-2years of experience in Software Engineering Development with focus on Quality Assurance testing and Automation Testing