Sr. Program Manager – Remote
Sr Program Manager – Remote
- Contract to Hire Opportunity
Our client is looking to add a Senior Program Manager to our National IT org! We are open to hiring this person in any U.S. location.
The Senior Program Manager is accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of on-going programs which may have many related projects managed within. The incumbent will apply broad, advanced project management principles and concepts to large projects, and contribute to innovation of new concepts and ideas, and continuous process improvement.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationship to assure business needs are met, projects are delivered on time, and potential projects are managed.
- Define and manage business case, program and project scope, goals, budget, schedule, resources, and deliverables that support business goals, and take appropriate steps to ensure project objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage program and project risks / issues. Recognize and determine the appropriate corrective action to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and scope.
- Identify and execute appropriate communication methods to meet stakeholder and senior leadership needs on the accurate status of a project.
- Create and maintain project documentation to identify, evaluate, scope, plan, monitor, and follow up on active projects.
- Mentor program and project managers and junior project team members.
- Lead by example by following strict best practices regarding documentation, SDLC, and project team collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- General knowledge of business and IT systems
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with MS Project or related tool
- 8 years relevant experience with 2 or more dedicated to Program Management
- Ability to supervise, direct, and review the results of programs, projects or assignments
- Ability to mentor other IT project and program managers
- Ability to lead by understanding team dynamics
- Ability to support, affect, and implement change
- Ability to impact and influence a diverse population
Job Specific Preferences
- Experience with large complex programs with multiple phases and overlapping work streams and large program budgets
- Executive communication experience
- Workday or ERP/HCM implementation experience preferred
- Experience working with
- Agile/Scrum teams
- Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with Product Plan