Web Application Developer
Web Application Developer
- Candidates must be local to the Sioux Falls, SD area.
Our client is looking for a Web Application Developer who will work on developing and supporting their customer servicing website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the web team to maintain the current customer web app and create new features.
- Will work from functional requirement specifications, data integration specifications, and security specifications, using standard procedures and techniques.
- Creates and updates automated web functional, performance, and security tests.
- Complete projects as assigned by Application Development management.
- Performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree of multiple internal applications and external applications.
- Complete assignments that are related to enhancements and/or the creation of new programs or application screens of moderate complexity or scope. These assignments will directly relate to general business operations performing as expected.
- Ensure that programming changes do not impact other areas of the application or database.
- Document changes to new or existing web applications by completing the project form template and submitting to Application Development management as required in established internal and external audit requirements as defined in the SDLC.
- Completes major assignments affecting the operations of the business through multiple internal applications and external applications.
- Facilitate the flow of work within the work unit as it is handed off to and from the work unit, within established productivity requirements.
- Investigate and resolves matter of significance for the applications on behalf of Application Development management.
- Perform associated tasks with on-call assignments including answering help desk phone and monitoring the completion of batch processing.
- Conduct tasks in a manner that complies with all consumer protection regulations and treats consumers fairly.
Skills and Qualifications
- Required: medium to advanced application programming experience. .Net/C# experience is desired.
- Required: medium to advanced understanding of RDMS systems. SQL Server experience is desired.
- Required: medium to advanced understanding of automated testing tools. Selenium experience is desired.
- Looking for a combination of education/experience that would enable the candidate to meet essential functions and required competencies of the position.
- 2-4 years of related experience required.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Enhanced computer skills, including multiple language capabilities and detailed knowledge of processing, spreadsheet, data transmission software, and internet are required.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to concentrate and work independently, attention to detail, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a capacity to learn, adapt to change, and become proficient quickly.