Sr. Business Analyst
Remote contract position
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Partnering with the Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to gather requirements, and responsible for writing features, user stories (capturing business requirements and functional specifications), creating UI wireframes and mockups, and serving as the product owner for systems related questions during scrum meetings.
- Refines and communicates new development features and user stories in a way that the team can pick up quickly; discusses priority and technical issues with the scrum team
- Supports the development team by responding to user story questions quickly and accurately, and gathering details for Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs)
- Partners with user experience designers, as needed
- Responsible for ticket triaging, differentiation between bugs and enhancements, product knowledge, and defect management support including organizing and executing user acceptance testing
- Assists with product backlog grooming sessions, schedules appropriate ad-hoc product design sessions, coordinates with lead developer and team on estimation sessions, summarizes work in sprint demos, and participates in retrospectives
- Drive business requirements, perform impact assessment and ensure technical solutions meet the need of business operations, while maintaining a “customer-first” focus.
- Collaborate with Technology teams to produce business data requirements and deliver accurate and timely data in an insight-driven format
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience performing analysis in a software development environment.
- Familiar with UX design principles and practices
- Deep working knowledge of Agile and other product management methodologies
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience as a Business Analyst for an Financial Services firm is a plus
Skills & Abilities required:
- Good team player that can collaborate with both internal and external teams
- Excellent documentation skill both functional and technical requirement as per business user need
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills Ability to work with considerable ambiguity
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- A great communicator with strong project management skills
- Must be results focused and highly energetic to drive defined team and organizational goals
- Given the growth nature of this business, individual must be pragmatic and capable of working in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment
- Analytical with superior problem-solving skills over near and long-term planning horizons
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach, sense of responsibility and strong, positive customer focus
- Evangelize Technology – Absorbs and propagates new technology