Remote Senior User Experience Designer – Contract
Remote Senior User Experience Designer Contract
***This is a contract position that starts at 6 months with likely extension.
***US Citizenship is required for this position.
The Sr. UX Designer will be responsible for owning one end-to-end segment of our client's user experience including all aspects of execution: gathering and refining requirements, research, design concepting, and testing/validation. The Sr. UX Designer will lead ongoing support, maintenance and continuous improvement for their assigned segment. In addition, the Sr. UX Designer will provide research and UX support to other segments as assigned.
- Leads cross-functional teams and deliverables related to user experience from ideation to prototype, including research, conceptual design, operational/flow design, wireframes, interaction design, visual design and research
- Distills broad experience, digital strategy and vision into crafting experiences for user groups
- Translates abstract concepts and problems into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in complex worksheets (forms), process flows, journey maps, storyboards and rapid prototypes for the full scope of user experience
- Drafts content for digital experiences that aligns with user’s needs
- Executes usability tests, pilot programs and research
- Advocates for innovative, consumercentric and consistent experiences
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of our products within the digital channel of service delivery
- Works collaboratively with visual designers to ideate new concepts that meet the needs of both users and the business while stretching our creativity
- Leverages the ability to seek, analyze, apply and advocate based on customer insights (user data, analytics and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape user experiences through the entire suite of products
- Conduct interviews to understand user groups and build personas
- Develops and provides successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings, industry standards and contract requirements.
- Works collaboratively with development and business analyst teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our product design for users
- Willingness to constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user centric experiences
- Drives and evangelizes experience thought leadership in the organization
- Helps estimate UX needs on a project and program basis
- Mentors and develops talent in colleagues throughout the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Business, IT, MIS, computer science, human centered design, experience design or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in product, process or experience field
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered.
- Position requires strong and flexible skills in process design, process mapping, digital technology and familiarity with front-end technologies
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity
- Portfolio demonstrating cross channel expertise and skill in creating user centric digital experiences
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members at varying levels crosscompany
- Must possess self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Deep passion for improving end user experiences through digital and other channels
- A fearless and positive attitude
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Green Belt or Black Belt with experience in Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement disciplines
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience using design tools (e.g. Axure, Invision, UXPin among others)
- Strong digital experience capability and command of process, usability and design principles, as well as digital channel best practices
- Experience in the consumer facing copywriting / editing field
- Experience in using A / B and Multivariate testing and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Working knowledge of development process, feasibility analysis and ROI measurement
- National Career Readiness Certificate