Remote Associate Software Engineer Contract
Remote Associate Software Engineer- Contract
***This is a 6 month contract to start with likely extension. Possible consideration for contract for hire.
***U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
Our client is seeking an associate software developer to join their team. This person will have the opportunity to collaborate with UX/UI and other software developers in an agile environment. Candidates will work with frontend technologies such as HTML/CSS/Angular, and will also be building SharePoint websites.
Design, develop and maintain our front end solutions for software applications, components and controls using HTML/JS/CSS technologies based on requirements and specifications to support business operations.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs front-end Angular applications and components that meet all technical specifications and business requirements per assigned BLIs
- Debugs, tests, and troubleshoots front end applications and components
- Participates in maintenance and support of software applications by assisting User Experience Designers, UX/UI Designers, Architects and Software Developers/Engineers in troubleshooting and resolving software problems
- Utilizes complex front end development methodology to support meeting customer expectations, resulting in delivery of a timely and high quality product
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts on developing requirements and may assist with estimating
- Studies and researches trends and new/improving/changing technologies regarding front end development, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas
- Adapts to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms and frameworks to support the needs of our software projects
- Adheres to Agile software development methodology
- Create company intranet sites using SharePoint including departmental sites, BI dashboards and special event sites.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with front end development life-cycle
- Minimum 1 year development experience with HTML/JS/CSS technologies in a professional environment
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Experience with Git, Team Foundation Server or similar source control programs
- Working knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques, Pattern Libraries and/or Atomic Design
- Strong technical skills including good understanding of front end development methodologies and principles and complex coding
- Ability to perform assigned software development tasks using established standards and procedures with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships across different components and functional areas of the business in order to support the needs of our software projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines
- Working experience with Web APIs and (REST) based communication Experience
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- SharePoint development experience creating custom application pages, page templates, and site branding using Master Pages, as well as experience writing and testing Web parts, content types, event handlers, custom workflows, and site definitions is highly desired