This is contract position and US Citizenship is required.
Provide quality engineering support to operations along with the Director of Quality and other internal staff. Assist and direct activities related to the development, application and maintenance of quality programs for processes and customer deliverables. Design and develop control plans and data collection methodologies. Train and develop other internal staff to implement and verify control plan effectiveness. Lead and participate in process improvement projects as directed. Work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) to insure proper design of quality controls in new projects.
- Represent Quality Assurance in process design review/release as directed by Director
- Develop and initiate methods for auditing, testing and evaluation.
- Perform audits of processes against procedures/standards.
- Analyze and evaluate data using statistical methods and present the requested information in an appropriate manner.
- Provide training for quality related issues, including development of training materials and programs
- Assist and/or lead customer complaint investigations including root cause identification and corrective actions.
- Design, develop and execute complex automation scripts using automation tools for regression, functional and load testing of different functional areas
- Develop Performance Monitoring scripts to be used for system performance monitoring for Windows and Web applications.
- Design, develop, and execute Process Automation script suites to address company needs for automating repetitive back office tasks.
- Develop benchmark and threshold values for Performance Monitoring Scripts while anticipating customer needs.
- Serve as a key resource in evaluating software implementations for impact to existing Performance Monitoring, Process Automation and Regression Testing Scripts. Create and direct the completion of work items to maintain and update existing scripts based on this evaluation.
- Monitor and analyze Performance Monitoring and Regression Testing script results to ensure system performance meets expected benchmarks. Proactively develop solutions for trends and issues identified. Report discrepancies to Supervisor and Development Manager.
- Troubleshoot complex scripting problems, develop innovative solutions and investigate various related business processes to assess the feasibility of introducing, implementing and maintaining automation.
- Assist and mentor Automation QA testers in learning and developing automated scripts. Provide recommendations for improvement and share explanations and information to support team development.
- Perform system user interface testing prior to each new system release or prior to user acceptance testing or release to general user population.
- Participate in full test cycle, including Integrated System testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop complex test cases, procedures and automated test scripts for software implementation tasks anticipating customer needs and proactively testing solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Document and communicate test procedures and testing results to others on work team. Scope project testing effort for development tasks.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Math/MIS – Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience working in QA testing environment utilizing test scripts
- Minimum 1 years of hands-on experience writing and developing automated test scripts.
- Proficient on Databases & Data queries
- Knows one to two programming/scripting languages
- Experience in using automation tools such as Ranorex, ReadyAPI, or similar
- Experience in Git, GitHub or similar source control framework
- Experience testing object oriented, distributed, enterprise class, complex applications with multiple windows and web user interfaces.
- Evaluates service areas to identify opportunities for automation
- Demonstrates confidence that tasks will be completed and deliverables will be provided in the midst of competing demands and pressure-filled situations
- Anticipate potential problems and define, prioritize and analyze problems for action
- Show commitment to high quality results through use of time, resources and work effort
- Highlights areas of improvement that will create the strongest development leverage and places these into development plans that they will work towards accomplishing
- Seeks out information to learn about systems that support or rely upon the solution to better understand integrations and impacts
- Strives to understand the technologies in detail as used by the engineering team
- Understands CICD components and incorporates in-sprint automation, Regression, Integration test suite
- Experience with .NET framework, Visual Studio