Contract Java Developer – Remote
Contract will start at 6 months with likely extension
Our client is looking for a senior level java developer with data migration experience to analyze, plan and execute the migration of a group of application features, data and functionality over to another similar product owned by our client. They desire to consolidate their functionality into a single application going forward.
The application is a content management system for managing audio/video assets and when, where, and how they are display on screen throughout a property such as a campus or hotel.
- Strong engineer with at least 10 years of experience in Java (specifically on JEE stacks).
- Experience in project technical leadership and direction.
- Strong analysis skills. Ideally past experience in conducting a product gap analysis.
- Ability to outline a documented plan for how to proceed with the recommended changes and seek management approval/feedback.
- Once approved, with any requested plan modifications, execute on the migration of the feature set into the product that will be the single application moving forward.
Required: – Servlets, REST, Hibernate, MySQL database, Ability to Merge Schemas/Data
Desired – AWS, Amazon Aurora. Juice, GWT, Python