Sr. Software Engineer- Remote
Senior SW Engineer ( .NET)
This is a contract to hire position. No 3rd party vendors
- Create, examine and critique applications and systems architecture. Formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure requests meet the needs of the business and IT principals.
- Understand how new or existing applications fit into current environment identifying risks, feasibility, cost and compatibility.
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced applications developers
- Contribute and adhere to company's software development life cycle.
- Proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvements and innovation.
- Work with external vendors on development and defect resolution for the benefit of our stakeholders.
- Experience using the Microsoft stack with extensive knowledge in C#, SQL Server and ASP.NET/.Net Core/.Net 5, MVC.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Azure is preferred for this role.
- Experience with RESTful API’s and Microservices.
- Experience and strong understanding of Microsoft Transact SQL., Business Intelligence experiences a plus for development of data mining methods.
- Experience with large, complex relational databases and query optimization. Understanding or experience of transportation logistics vendor systems a plus.
- Solid experience partnering with other IT disciplines such as Business Analysis, UI/UX Design, Software Architecture, and Infrastructure.
- Critical thinking is a must. Ability to quickly assess a problem, devise a solution, and implement the solution is required.
- Possesses excellent leadership and organizational skills. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum education level of a bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in software development/technical leadership experience required, experience with leading technical teams a plus. Minimum of 10 years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Has demonstrated technical leadership without authority.