Principal Data Developer
Principal Data Developer (FULLY REMOTE)
When you can find a greater purpose in your work, your potential is limitless. That’s the mindset that drives our team , as we strive to support the American dream of financially healthy, happy homeownership.
Our Client is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. What makes our team special is our people-first philosophy, as we empower and encourage our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company.
Our client is one of the fastest-growing mortgage lenders in the U.S. – already the third-largest wholesale lender and a Top-10 correspondent lender. Founded in 2015, we are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer positions throughout the nation – many of which are remote. Our team has grown to include more than 3,500 associates and we service more than 400,000 customers nationwide.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Principal Data Developer will be the primary developer heading the ETL design and development functions for the Data Services group as part of an agile/scrum team.
- Demonstrate ability to influence change, define standards and follow industry best practices for ETL design and development.
- Design & develop the extract, transform and load data warehouse solutions.
- Responsible for system and integration testing and defining standards and architecture.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Modelers, SMEs and Data governance liaisons to achieve a very good understanding of metadata and data quality requirements and then design and develop sustainable ETL applications to address those requirements.
- Establish and oversee ETL standards & change management procedures.
- Develop strategies, policies, processes, and best practices.
- Mentor a scrum team of ETL & SQL developers.
- Extensive knowledge of the Informatica Cloud (IICS) tool implementation, maintenance, security and tuning to include enterprise capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest version of Informatica Cloud (IICS).
- Deep knowledge in Data Integration, Data Quality, Metadata Management and understanding of data warehouse objectives with a leading ETL Tool.
- Well versed in data warehouse development and ability to implement dimensional model design patterns to include slowly changing dimensions (SCD) and multiple fact table strategies to meet end user reporting requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and changing workload.
- Strong communication skills with an excellent track record of working with scrum teams.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years in a Senior ETL Development Role for a leading enterprise toolset.
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse development experience.
- 5+ years in a Senior Informatica (IICS) ETL Role.
- Strong SQL knowledge of a leading DBMS (Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with Cloud implementation or migration a plus (Azure, AWS)
- Mortgage or Financial Services experience a plus