Product Designer (UI/UX)
Product Designer (UI/UX)
- Remote contract opportunity
As a Product Designer, you will design and ship products and features for our customers and internal users. Ideally, you are a generalist with strong interaction design and visual design chops, with experience planning and conducting evaluative research (e.g. user interviews, concept testing, usability testing). The role requires someone who can conduct deep dives into platform architecture and user behavior. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be required as this will have both internal and external-facing components.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with product managers and engineers, as well as with our teams in the field to collect user feedback and run research. Ideal candidates will be driven by the problem we are solving but also by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to biology – looking to make a significant impact on scientific discoveries and healthcare applications. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Responsible for UI & UX design across our software products, while ensuring consistency between instrument and cloud features
- Establish and evolve UI/UX standards
- Participate in user research to help understand user needs. Share information with key stakeholders and translate findings into wireframes and/or prototypes
- Ensure the creation and implementation of customized experiences for the digital user
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers and engineers throughout discovery and delivery to uncover and articulate problems, sketch ideas, collect feedback, finalize high fidelity designs, and support engineers throughout the development process
- Define, help implement, and maintain a solid design system with adherence to product branding requirements, while facilitating asset reusability and scalability
- Work with our agency partners to enforce quality standards and promote design consistency between hardware and software
- Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards and site maps
- Provide guidance on the implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to assess user behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, design, human-computer interaction, interaction design, or a related field
- 5 years of experience as a UI/UX designer, designing end-to-end software applications and user interfaces
- Graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Experience with Wireframing/prototyping tools such as Balsamiq or Sketch
- Experience with UX design tools such as Figma, Axure, or InVision
- Experience with user research, testing, and usability analysis, including user interviews and requirements analysis.
- Utilize findings to inform the UX designs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlinesAbility to execute with limited oversight
- 2+ years of experience designing analysis software for high dimensional data.
- 2+ years of experience designing instrument (or instrumentation) software.
- 7 years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Experience with WPF and ReactiveUI
- Familiarity with the life sciences or biotechnology industry, data visualization, machine learning, or cloud software development
- Familiarity with agile projects methodologies
- Experience with developing personas, scenarios and user stories
- Experience designing for accessibility standards
- Experience creating and maintaining usability documentation