Software Engineer (Remote)
This is a contract to hire position (must be US Citizen or Green Card holder)
Our client develops, sources, commercializes, and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat, and ready-to-cook offerings are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience, and Omnichannel retailers to deliver the very best meals to their customers. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Service, quality, and consistency are our obsession, and we take pride in every meal that our customers place on their shelves.
Meals are more than a source of nutrition, they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of “connecting us through meals”.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth-minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the country’s largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality, and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, this is the perfect fit for you.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing team of engineers who look to solve real business problems through the use of technology. You will play a critical role in the support and development of our production environment.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Support and various business teams to resolve issues and overcome technical challenges
- Write, modify, and debug software for our production microservices.
- Review current applications and services
- Participate in the code review process
- Suggest/implement new features and improvements
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience with debugging, profiling, and/or code analysis
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and objectives in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience developing applications on a team (e.g., code review, test automation)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Commercial experience as a software engineer (5+ years)
- Strong skills in Node.js (3+ years)
- Experience with frameworks (Angular, React) (3+ years)
- Experience with the following:
- SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo)
- RESTful APIs, JSON web tokens, and web services
- Modern version control system (Git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Container-based deployment using Mesos/Kubernetes
- Debugging, profiling, and/or code analysis
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Test frameworks
- TypeORM / ORM’s