Senior Software Engineer (C#, .NET Core)
Senior Software Engineer
This is a remote, contract to hire position. US Citizenship or a Green Card Holder is a requirement
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for design and development of new and existing features and functions and for Product Development initiatives involving parking devices, payment solutions and garage applications. The applicant is self-motivated while working both independently and in collaboration with a team. The applicant will have experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues across the full development stack. The applicant will be comfortable with end-to-end testing of software applications. The ideal candidate has experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- Able to seek out and understand business requirements and to write technical functional specifications.
- Work with Business and Architecture teams to review technical specifications and to offer updates.
- Design, develop and test software components and services to meet acceptance criteria, business requirements & technical functional and non-functional specifications.
- Correct software faults and drive through to root cause analysis.
- Work with Architecture and Technical teams to propose, review and update designs and schemas.
- Follow and support TDD. Create and run automated unit testing up to at least 80% code coverage, along with functional, and integration tests of software before releasing to the Quality Assurance team.
- Lead and facilitate reviews of analysis, designs, code, tests, and scripts.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Technical Support teams to verify results.
- Mentor and guide team members.
Required Skills and Experience
The individual that fills this position will need:
- Proven ability of demonstrated professional software design and development experience in creating performant, robust multi-threaded applications using Microsoft .NET and cloud technologies.
- Proven experience in designing and developing web and console applications using Microsoft Visual Studio.Code, C#, .NET Core with ASP.NET MVC, JSON, and XML.
- Proven familiarity with single-page application design and development of progressive web application development.
- Proven experience in designing and developing RESTful endpoints (WEB API, REST API).
- Proven experience with Dependency Injection (DI) and Inversion of Control (IoC).
- Experience with RDBMS design and development, including, but not limited to, views, triggers, stored procedures, optimizations, preferably with Postgres.
- Proven experience in database driven ORM development (ex: Entity Framework, Dapper).
- Proven experience in designing and developing with an Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Proven experience with PA-DSS (PCI) compliance and secure coding techniques and best practices.
- Proven experience in design and development with Microsoft Visual Studio.Code, and Git.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) and Design Patterns.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with MS Azure DevOps.
- Experience with automated build servers and build pipelines.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Linux and Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence.
- Cloud design experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS – serverless functions, app services, micro-services, SaaS, PaaS design and development, Terraform.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration – Docker, Azure Repository, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Event Driven architecture and the Apache Kafka platform.
- Experience in estimating software development level of effort and time management, via story pointing preferably.