- Remote contract opportunity. Would like the candidate to be onsite in Iowa for the project kick- off, then the rest all remote
- Government contract including full background check and drug screen
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading a team of software developers in the design, development, and maintenance of web applications. They are expected to have a strong understanding of these technologies and be able to guide the team in their use.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Leading a team of software developers in the design and development of web applications using the following technology:
- Azure, SQL Azure, SQL Server, T-SQL, Azure App Service, Azure Storage Account
- Experience with application Accessibility is a huge plus, this is a high priority for the client
- Solid knowledge and experience with relational database models, platforms, & database designs – includes experience with SQL/Stored
- Procedures coding, testing, implementing, and tuning
- In depth knowledge with Continuous Integration and Continuous development – DevOps (integration/automation with Atlassian product stack, or related software) – we manage our devops pipelines.
- Solid understanding about application environments (Dev, Pilot, Prod, DR)
- Solid understanding of security best practices – mitigating risks of deploying unsecure code – protecting pii
- Solid understanding of non-functional requirements – scalability, availability, interoperability, reusability, high-performing, recoverability
- Experience with automated testing frameworks/processes/tools
- Although mostly focused on web applications, we do have several desktop applications that we support
In addition to these technical responsibilities, a lead developer may also be responsible for managing the overall direction and strategy of the project and ensuring that the project is completed on time and to a high standard of quality. They may also be involved in the testing and deployment of the final product.
- Providing technical guidance and support to team members, including troubleshooting issues and providing code review and feedback.
- Collaborating with project managers, business analysts, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and ensure that the team is meeting project goals.
- Managing the development environment, including source control and testing processes.
- Identifying and addressing technical risks and issues that may impact the project and working with the team to develop contingency plans.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and developments and sharing that knowledge with the team.
- Leading a team of software developers or engineers, including assigning tasks, setting deadlines, and providing guidance and support.
- Providing technical expertise and direction for the team, including making technical decisions and determining the best approach to solving problems.