Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
- Remote contract to hire opportunity
- Candidates must be US Citizens for this client
Essential Functions Include
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects
- Leading the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, deployment, and debugging of applications
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for them that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with other lead engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management – prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence – build, deploy, monitor, and operation of production services.
- Mentoring, career management and development of dotted line reports within the Service Area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in full lifecycle of software development projects in an agile environment.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web applications and RESTful web services.
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other similar relational database management system.
- Experience with .NET Core or similar object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with application containerization, deployment, and orchestration across environments.
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation.
- Experience building cloud-native applications in Azure or similar cloud service provider.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot applications running within Kubernetes.
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure and automated provisioning & configuration management.
- Basic understanding of networking and internet protocols.
- Knowledge of Encryption, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), understanding of OWASP