Sr. Product Designer
Sr. Product Designer
- Remote long term contract opportunity.
- US Citizenship is required for this client.
Team members in this role use their knowledge of user research methods, and human centered design to assess products and processes to enhance the overall user experience and create usable and accessible digital products. This role requires familiarity with a wide range of UX research methods, and the ability to facilitate discovery through focus groups and user interviews. This role also requires flexible skills in process design and process mapping, familiarity with front-end technologies, and the ability to interact with and win support from team members at varying levels cross-company. Team members in this role exhibit a high degree of ingenuity and resourcefulness and work well with ambiguity.
- Has responsibility and capability to work multiple platforms
- Works independently
- Advocate and explain user-centered research and design principles to clients, stakeholders, and colleagues
- Provide direction on client projects and mentor colleagues on UX
- Create templates, patterns and design standards to support UX staff and operations
- Correct UX issues in designs, products and services
- Present designs and/or research to clients and stakeholders
- Consistently identifies gaps in knowledge documents and procedures and recommends opportunities for improvement
- Provides ideas on how technology can improve business processes
- Incorporates business objectives when evaluating processes to remove redundancies and waste
- Recommends solutions for multiple channels
- Understands and applies the concepts of data science in operational systems
- Has moderate familiarity with many technologies and shares this with others
- Gathers data using appropriate methods
- Scans external resources for data relevant to the organization
- Identifies decision points that can be informed by data and evidence
- Portfolio demonstrating cross channel expertise and skill in creating user centric experiences
- 5+ years’ experience in user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, or similar roles.
- 3+ years’ experience incorporating user feedback in the design process (user research, NPS, focus groups, user data, etc).
- 3+ years of experience working with and presenting to cross functional stakeholders such as Software Development, Product, Operations, Sales, Marketing, etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience using metrics and analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI, etc) in order to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- 1-2 years’ experience in a senior role
- 1+ year’s experience designing for users of all demographics and abilities.
- 1+ year’s experience with Agile software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in human centered design, design, or related field
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)