What & Why WebAssembly (Wasm)!
WebAssembly In Simple Terms — WebAssembly.org
What Is WebAssembly
The Big Take Away
- Efficient and Fast: The WebAssembly takes advantage of common hardware capabilities on a range of platforms and allows applciations to run at native speed.
- Safe: A WebAssembly encoded application is placed in a memory-safe sandboxed execution environment and enforces the same-origin and permissions security policies of the browser
- Becomes Part Of Open Web: Maintains the versionless, feature-tested, backwards-compatible nature of the web
Who’s Using WebAssembly
- Autocad, one of the oldest computer drafting software’s was able to make a web version of their application using WebAssembly.
- Unity, a gaming engine with a web player made using WebAssembly providing a performant 2D and 3D gaming that would otherwise not be possible.
- GoogleEarth, C/C++ codebases for native applications were ported to the web for performant 3D graphics in the browser.
- Blazor, one of Microsoft’s newest programming frameworks allows you to write C# code that compiles into WebAssembly that executes client side.
At madewithwebassembly.com you can see a list of projects made using WebAssembly.
How Does WebAssembly Work?
Why Would You Use WebAssembly?
There are a few regular use cases for going to WebAssembly as a solution.
- Bottlenecks in your application: Areas in your application that a 50% increase in execution time or more consistent execution time would drastically improve the end users experience. Maybe your application has some backend business logic and you want to eliminate the server usage and the time it takes to communicate with it by executing that logic directly on the client.
- Making use of non-web friendly code: “Sqoosh” is also a good example of making use of non-web friendly code, it uses multiple libraries written in a variety of languages compiled into WASM to deliver a wide range of image processing functionality. The idea is, code exists already that does something you want to do on the web, maybe WASM can be the solution that brings that code to the web.
Why Is System Integration With The Web Important?
WebAssembly is turning out to be a groundbreaking addition to the web development world. It’s got the support of the right communities and is currently stable and fully supported, so the future is bright. It’s not going to be the tool you use for everything, but when used correctly, it can be a powerful enhancement to your web application.
Discover Intertech Microservices!
Discover Intertech Business Process Automation!
WebAssembly — Overview
WebAssembly — Browser Roadmap
WebAssembly — FAQ
Avoid The Obstacles Through Agile Software Development Done The Right Way!
Industries That Trust Intertech
Details & Case Studies That Cross Vertical Boundaries
Healthcare & MedTech
Government & Legal Services
Agriculture & Food Processing
Aerospace & Defense
Gaming & Entertainment
Three Great Reasons To Let Intertech Build Your Software “Right” The First Time!
To understand why so many companies rely on Intertech for their software consulting and software education needs, you must understand the importance we place on staying up-to-date with the most current technologies and methodologies.
“When an outside firm asked over 4000 of our customers these questions, we immediately understood why they trusted Intertech!”
Say “Yes” To Intertech!
- Would you use Intertech again? 99.55% 99.55%
99.55% of customers answered YES!
- Are you happy with Intertech? 99.55% 99.55%
99.55% of customers answered YES!
- Would you refer Intertech to others? 99.70% 99.70%
99.70% of customers answered YES!
The Fastest Way To Build Software Is “Right” The First Time!
Understanding your industry is one thing. Understanding the technology you are using is another. When you read studies that tell you that 75% of projects are doomed from the beginning, it has to make you pause before signing your name to the outcome.
Consider letting our proven professionals take a look at your project. They’ve seen what can go wrong and know how to avoid costly errors.
We build custom software from start to finish. We plug into your environment with the proven expertise you need for us to work independently or in co-development. And, we bring the soft-skills that make the task enjoyable, and the experience to leave your team stronger and ready to take over.
We Bring You…
Soft-Skills For A Winning Experience
Sometimes the most critical person in the room is the one with a calm voice and the knowledge to select the right words. Bringing a development team together or presenting a clear concept for stakeholders can make all the difference between success or failure. Intertech consultants are at the top of their field. They navigate challenging decisions, guide with a confident voice, and know when to get out of the way.
Intertech takes the worry out of custom software development.
Since 1991 – We’ve Built Software, Made Teams Stronger, And Got Out Of The Way When Done.
Plug Us In. See The Results.
Tell us about your project and we’ll gather the right people, discuss your request, clarify any questions, and provide a price estimate that you can use to decide if Intertech is a good fit for you!
“We Take The Worry Out Of Custom Software Development!”
Turn-Key Custom Application Development Solutions Since 1991
Independent & Co-Development
Tom Salonek Founder & CEO