Welcome to our weekly edition of the Dev Digest where we put together the best links to help you stay on top of what’s happening in the world of software and web development. From top stories to development tips, professional advice, and more, we’ve collected the best articles, stories, and videos of the week from across the web. Now let’s get to it.
- Every since WannaCry, security experts have been on high alert for “wormable” vulnerabilities, those that can spread from one computer to another with no human interaction. However, no one expected to find the next bug in a piece of Microsoft Windows DNS software that’s been in existence for 17 years.
- If you’ve spent any time at all working with Java, you’ve likely had a few run-ins with the NullPointerException. Here are several different approaches for successfully navigating this exception like a pro.
- The only constant in technology is change. As technologies evolve, so should our ‘best practices’ evolve. In the case of continuous deployment, two key technological advances have resulted in a departure from a traditional 3-tier model to the best practices of today.
- We tend to view stress as a bad thing but learning to use stress to your advantage can be a game-changer.
- In normal times, finding enjoyment in your work can be challenging, but the pandemic has presented additional complications. Here’s an interesting perspective for developers on how to rediscover your joy of programming.
8 Years Running – Intertech Lands Among the Top 100 Workplaces
Congratulations, and a big thanks, to our exceptional team of thought-leaders for helping us land on the Star Tribune’s list of Top Workplaces for 8 years running! Our team members bring their expertise and professional attitude to work every day, and it shows in the results. Learn more about what it means to work for Intertech.